:: Re: [Dng] image upload
Author: hal
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] image upload
John Morris wrote on 12/18/14 15:46:
> I like it, but nothing with the Debian registered trademark swirl is
> likely to be usable for legal reasons. It is the only part of Debian
> that is legally encumbered.

Given some of the discussion/linkage around the Swirl logo it does seem that Debian is open to "sharing" the Swirl as long as there is a mention of Debian owning it. I would be inclined to use a likeness of the Swirl but
give some info about Debian, in the appropriate places (README.DEVUAN, ABOUT.TXT, etc) to make it obvious the intent is to show a similarity of the distros, not cause confusion about who the "real" Debian is.