:: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng languag…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: T.J. Duchene
A: 'Jude Nelson', dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng language.

>Hi and thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome, and I am very impressed with your willingness to take what
was meant as constructive criticism. That's very rare in opensource these
days.

>I'm open to GPLv3/ISC dual licensing, if there is sufficient interest. My

subnotebook runs OpenBSD, for instance, and OpenBSD is my next porting
target after Linux.
I've not been writing open code from some time, work and making a living has
been proprietary. When I do write open code, I place it under GPLv2/MIT of
possible. That way I had a guarantee with the GPL, but it could also be
used by the BSD folks. Versions could be relicensed downstream as needed,
but my code remained open.

> 2) It is dependent on his personal projects.

My concern was mainly related to the fact I didn't know what they were,
which you have answered adequately. Are they LGPL?

Thanks for your information on what you are about with FUSE. I've not
looked at the code personally, I've just noticed some strange behavior in
some distributions, which is not always related to programming - but setup
and packaging. I'd be interested in testing vdev for you, looking at code
sometime.

>Nothing would ever need to link against vdev. I have no intention of

creating a "libvdev" like there is for libudev--I would rather invest the
time into making the vdev filesystem interface sufficiently expressive to
obviate the need for a dedicated library.

> fskit is the bigger concern, since both vdev and runfs (another project)

link against it. I'm in the process of making the public fskit API declared
as 'extern "C"' to remedy this.

That's awesome!