:: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't…
Author: Arthur Marsh
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't knows. Long life to the Scientific Method!

hellekin wrote on 15/12/14 23:29:

> You probably want epistemic community decision making instead: in the
> case of systemd, an epistemic community would be formed with people who
> can read the code, test it, provide quality assurance, and understand
> the consequences of this code in the whole system, especially for
> failing cases.

Do you include things like reported bugs getting fixed, and evaluation
against known good software engineering practices (e.g. defined interfaces)?

I was unhappy with systemd breaking kexec and the length of time it took
to get a fix into Debian, and also losing the ability to replace some
packages with others, or even an earlier version of the same package to
isolate and/or work around bugs.

Arthur.