:: Re: [Dng] Packaging system
Author: Christoph Lechleitner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Packaging system
Am 2014-12-15 um 17:15 schrieb Francesco Il Parente:

>> Devuan will use apt/dpkg as debian does.
>
> of course but the apt and dpkg depencies on systemd,

Neither apt nor apt-get nor aptitude nor dpkg depend on systemd yet, and
I don't see how why they ever should.

Several packages depend on systemd.

As I understand the roadmap (I'm not a member of the Devuan team),
Devuan 1.0 will provide some of those without systemd dependency (where
possible without too extensive efforts), and leave out others.

Then there will be an extensive discussion if systemd can be
reintroduced as an option, eventually freed from some of the lock-in.
If Devuan is lucky, the systemd fork uselessd might be an option by then.

Regards, Christoph