:: Re: [Dng] Logo
Author: Benoni
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Logo

On 13-12-14 11:37, David Harrison wrote:
> I did post this one on #devuan / #debianfork but forgot to do so
> here.
>
> The fork symbol was my little joke, but the text bit isn't too awful
> -- delta for change and all that. Nothing to stop it being combined
> with a symbol of some sort.
>
> FWIW.
>
> http://picpaste.com/logo-fun-1-wji8yKUK.png

I like what you're doing with the fork. In this clean, abstract form I
begin to see more things in it, maybe it's the fingers of a white and
black hand holding together. The circle makes a kind of open source /
copyleft-symbol. You can even rotate the fork (left or right) and use
its prongs (or its shadow) as the E in DEVUAN. And upside down it's a
typical Bordeaux bottle with a very typical striped label... anybody in
for selecting and selling an exclusively labeled wine for each new
version release?

The Delta symbol is also worth looking at. Nix\ was doing something with
that, using a delta shape filled with some kind of unique pattern, which
on itself can be used as a recurring theme in website backgrounds or such.