:: Re: [Dng] logo
Author: Benoni
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] logo
On 13-12-14 01:02, frank ernest wrote:

> I think the http://chrisc.bedroomcoders.co.uk/img/devuan3.svg one is
> cool. I was thinking of something smaller though, like 200x200 pixels
> and a bit more colorful? I'll get to work. I'm assuming that it does
> not need any particular theme or color set because I've seen three
> different ones. I'm not skilled enough to do a very large image, I'm
> just someone who fools around in inkscape and blender a lot. Also, on
> a side note, who judges them and is there a dead line?

The logo, once worked out, should look well in any size, from 16px up to
16 m. But it this stage I think it's more important to try some more
designs going in different directions, and exchange ideas about what we
want the logo to say to the world. We can discuss the different designs,
imagining (or trying out with family and friends) what these logo
candidates can tell about Devuan to someone who's seeing it for the
first time, in a split second, and who is not familiar with all the ins
and outs of the Devuan people.

From a professional point of view, a good example of this process is
what the folks at io.js (a node.js fork) are doing at
https://github.com/iojs/io.js/issues/37 . There's a team showing lots of
creativeness, collaboration and quality.