:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Author: Ayan George
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Release Names

On 12/10/2014 07:14 AM, Archangel Amael wrote:
> Perhaps something along the lines of the renaissance, considering
> that Devuan may be seen as a rebirth of Debian? Perhaps named after
> a popular figure of the Renaissance, ala Galileo Galilei? Or perhaps
> some of the artists, da Messina, Bosch, or perhaps using some of
> the characters from Shakespeare's plays, Troilus and Cressida for
> instance. Although I too am partial to the generic numbering scheme.

"Release Names" is one of the most active threads on the Dng list.

I would call this a case of putting the cart before the horse if there
were a cart.

This seems like the type of problem to solve once there is an actual
release on the horizon.

Such early bikeshedding can't look good from the outside.

-ayan
(not a troll but a supporter hoping this effort succeeds.)