:: Re: [Dng] Perl: was A defined list …
Author: Gordon Haverland
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Perl: was A defined list of requirements and what next?
Taking a look at the Perl universe for stable, it seems to me that a
possibly good choice for a Debian perl package to convert to Devuan, is
dh-make-perl. There are a bunch of Debian dependencies, and since I am
running Gentoo, what probably makes the most sense is to set up a
Debian chroot jail to start working on dh-make-perl in.

I suppose it could also be a very bad choice.

Anybody have any comments on this?

I found a page describing how to set up a Ubuntu chroot jail on Gentoo,
I presume that should work reasonably for making a Debian chroot jail.

I was thinking I should do this under a different, ordinary user from
the UID I normally have. Is there a problem if I happen to use devuan
as the user for this (and hence Internet email would be
devuan@material....)?

Gord