:: Re: [Dng] fraud warning
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jonathan Wilkes
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] fraud warning
On 12/08/2014 12:29 PM, Jaromil wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014, Jaromil wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014, e1 wrote:
>>
>>>     How you can hide you personal information if you have even a
>>>     Wikipedia page about you and a dozen of books?
>>>     [3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaromil
>> and that is probably the first thing that will get vandalized in the
>> next days :^) personal attacks seem to be a constant pattern when
>> dealing with systemd, from both factions. This is very sad and I
>> think.
> Just noting it here, since this community is the only one that can
> witness the temporal connection between the personal attacks I've
> received by trolls here and this prompt deletion request on WL
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jaromil

Have a look at this page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conlon_Nancarrow

Do you see the warning about the page needing "additional citations"?
Well, I filled in all missing citations and removed the warning, but
some gatekeeper put the warning back up. You can see my two-paragraph
explanation at the bottom of the "talk" page for why the article should
now be considered complete.

Apparently the gatekeeper wants a footnote after every single sentence,
which is distracting and unnecessary for common knowledge. Kyle Gann,
who wrote the biography on Nancarrow and who wrote a lot of the original
Wikipedia entry, gave up on maintaining that page. He's a professional
writer, and he said in an email he can't figure out what the criteria
for quality is on Wikipedia. I wrote a dissertation on Nancarrow's
music so I know how to traverse the seemingly arbitrary guidelines of
university publishing. And I can't figure it out, either.

If you want my advice, you should just accept the deletion of that page
and move on.

-Jonathan