:: Re: [Dng] fraud warning
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jonathan Wilkes
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] fraud warning
On 12/08/2014 02:11 PM, Matteo Panella wrote:
> On 08/12/2014 18:29, Jaromil wrote:
>> Just noting it here, since this community is the only one that can
>> witness the temporal connection between the personal attacks I've
>> received by trolls here and this prompt deletion request on WL
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jaromil
> $ whois 96.57.23.82
> <cut>
> CustName:       NYLXS INC

> Looks like the anonymous who asked for deletion is our lovely Ruben
> Safir himself. Talk about integrity...
>
> Does someone want to bring this up with WP? I don't have an account
> there, so I might (probably) be classified as a sockpuppet.

I'm not sure that matters, because the Wikipedia editors "mako" and
"Ivanvector" (read: Vogons) have already entered the conversation on
that deletion discussion page. Rightly or wrongly, it looks like the
page doesn't qualify for inclusion under Wikipedia's current
guidelines. Someone could probably devote a few hours to gather
citations and build a case, but I'd highly recommend moving on to more
important things for the time being. (Besides, I'm sure some reputable
news outlets will do stories or interviews about devuan which include
references to jaromil, at which time you can just add back the page.)

Digression-- there's something that I find ethically dubious in one of
the user pages one link away from the deletion page. But if no one else
sees it, I might just be overly critical.

Best,
Jonathan