:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On 12/08/2014 12:45 PM, mutek wrote:
>> On lunedì 8 dicembre 2014 16:04:10 CEST, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
>>
>> I think our best overall, anti-western, anti-white calendar option

*** It's not that an anti-Western, or anti-White calendar, or whatever
option is desired, but the Occidental civilization has made other
approaches undesirable. Replacing one by another is not an option,
right? Both should co-exist in peace--but if one tries to remove the
other, what peace can exist? Still antagonizing should only be a mean
to resist, and revolution not an objective.

>> Hopefully some kind of compromise could be possible with a non-western
>> chronological timestamp as the very convenient release name.
>>

> what about "UNIX" calendar?
>
> Devuan 1420070401
>
> not so easy... :(

*** Indeed, but better. The Holocene calendar makes such
linear-time-oriented approach quite simpler: 12015, and evokes
pre-monotheist, pre-countries, mystery times of the beginnings of "Human
Era", as well as embraces future-oriented thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_calendar

Another option would be to start with Devuan 0, the year the pasta
slipped from the fork :P

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/