:: Re: [Dng] contrib/non-free/antisoci…
Author: Isaac Dunham
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] contrib/non-free/antisocial/community/unsupported sections
It seems to me that there are several propositions that have been advanced
for arrangement of repositories other than "main".
So I thought I'd try to summarize the options tht have been put forwards.
I'll try not to inject any bias in the summary, though I've expressed
support for one of the positions already.

1. Follow Debian in offering "main", "contrib", and "non-free"
repositories; I assume that we would adopt Debian's position that
everything outside main is "not part of the OS but offered as a
convenience to users" if we do this.

1.(a) As in 1, but rename "non-free" to "antisocial".

2. Drop contrib and non-free entirely.

3. Merge contrib, non-free, and software packaged by users into one
repo known as "community".

3.(a) As in 3, but name the new repo "unsupported".

--End of summary--

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham