:: Re: [Dng] Is forking enough?
Author: Gregory Smith
To: Zak Fenton
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] Is forking enough?
What did RMS say? I emailed him awhile ago and he didn't respond at all.

Linux userland didn't always use crap like DBUS, policykit, etc. One
could just revive the old branches, one by one. They worked fine.
Often had better performance. The code still exists in a findable form
thanks to debian publishing source ISOs every release.

Why stay on the linux kernel: hardware support and PaX/GRsecurity.
Those are the reasons.

Linus loves systemd aswell. All the linux hire-ups are fucks these
days (maybe they always were). Maybe the kernel needs to be forked
eventually too (GRSecurity basically does this with their epic patch,
so it's not impossible).

Maybe a STABLE branch of the linux kernel might then exist again!

I think they're letting their politics drive them. RMS, Linus, etc all
agree with "social justice", and Lennart promotes this aswell, so it's
comfortable. Just look at who they married:

Linus: Google search
... That's about it, no one else married anyone...
But they don't strive towards pretty women, and definitly not cute
young girls. No, that would be "opressive" and "objectifying". So they
go with large karate champs (I have no idea how these two concepts
melded into one personification, but they did). They take their life
where there is the possibility of being happy and having a pretty
girl, and they throw that away.