:: [Dng] Is forking enough?
Author: Chris
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] Is forking enough?
Policy kit is mired in systemd via pam/systemd deps and in any case I can see policy kit / console kit being subsumed by systemd before very long

Then there's dbus, seems like a good idea to allow processes to send messages to each other - except there is no security, an unprivileged user can bring a system down or do a whole bunch of stuff...

And this is just a few examples...

After emailing RMS apparently he seems quite happy with systemd taking over the Linux user land and not only that he "never really agreed with the Unix philosophy" in any case.

I really do wonder now if its time to throw the cuckoo out of the bath and sit a new userland entirely on top of the Linux kernel...

Why the Linux kernel and not just BSD ??

well flame all you want but the Linux kernel still has way better hardware support...

If only there were a pure BSD userland on top of a Linux kernel somewhere!