:: Re: [Dng] Diversity ? (hellekin@dyn…
Author: Noel Torres
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Diversity ? (hellekin@dyne.org) - It can be found at the current Debian page.
On Tuesday, 2 de December de 2014 10:06:59 Richard escribió:
> Very well stated, Miles.
>
> If this is a fork to remove systemd from our computers, what is the benefit
> to speak of supporting that from which we aim to distance ourselves.
>
> Why would someone say, "I want systemd", then ask that the group who does
> not want systemd should then say yes, we will support systemd? And dilute
> our time, effort and money because someone might say that we are not being
> free enough.
>
> Seems that they need to find a group whose aim is to support systemd?

Richard, this has already been discussed.

If systemd is (or can be made to be) in a shape where we can use it as an init
system only without contaminating the rest of the distribution, we will
support it. Not doing so is agains users' freedom.

We are pro users' freedom, not anti systemd.

Removing systemd from the distro is a first step not because it is sstemd, but
because it contaminates all the distro and does so in an ant freedom way.

And last but not least, supporting systemd is not a priority at all. The
philosophical point of not rejecting it plainly is important, anyway.

We do not force you to install systemd, and not even to contribute to support
it. But we do not accept you telling us to remove the "freedom to eat shit"
from the users.

Please stop. Hate has no place here.

Regards

Noel