:: Re: [Dng] NO ONE in devuan will be …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Roger Leigh
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] NO ONE in devuan will be forced to use systemd or any other piece of intrusive shit, never. [Was: Re: No systemd: Please be sane and keep to the path you have chosen.]
On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 10:32:26PM +0000, Noel Torres wrote:
> On Monday, 1 de December de 2014 20:57:11 Miles Fidelman escribió:
> [...]
> > > Just one thing that has crossed my mind:
> > >
> > > What about http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-
> > > latest.html ?
> >
> > Besides being a HORRIBLY written specification (like, for example,
> > absolutely no context about what it applies to, process by which it was
> > developed, maintenance, .....)?
> >
> > Miles Fidelman
>
> Just to note: I saw that first, and then (only at the end) I saw the authors'
> names.
>
> I just want to know how (if) we should deal with it.

Not worth spending time obsessing over. It's so poorly specified it's
actually not implementable just from this document. If you dig
deeper and look at the implications of XDG_RUNTIME_DIR, it's a
massive can of worms and is at the present time only really
implementable by systemd/logind and its pam hook to refcount all the
user sessions and cgroups to track all the sessions. While it could
be implemented, it would take a good bit of effort to do so, and for
precious little gain. I think our priorities would be better focussed
on things which really matter. In the interim it can be ignored
entirely or you can just set it to a directory under /tmp; it'll be
suboptimal but functional.

Regards,
Roger

--