:: Re: [Dng] How to start working?
Author: Bob Proulx
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] How to start working?
Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> funny you mention Emacs. I have to maintain a private source package
> because the Debian one depends on libgconf, and has done so for a long
> time. I believe that pulls in the rest of the core Gnome libraries, and
> thus will almost certainly pull in systemd ...

I have emacs installed without systemd. While libgconf is a GTK+
artifact it doesn't lead to a hard require on systemd. At this time I
wouldn't think forking emacs for this reason would be necessary.

Concerning libgconf, have you considered the emacs24-lucid package
instead? It doesn't use the GTK+ libraries.

I hesitate to mention that emacs does pull in and somewhat require
libdbus to operate. Which is annoying. This is drift from the
original topic but with some effort it is possible to operate stock
Debian emacs without dbus installed.

Bob