:: [Dng] The day will come.
Author: Keith
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] The day will come.
One day soon. Within a year or so I suspect.

Debian downloads will drop to a trickle. Red Hat
will loose clients but maybe not the business community
where they are entrenched today, but certainly any
new business.

Our fork will be seen as one of the few PURE LINUX
distros available.

That day is not far away now... Before yesterday there
was nowhere to go from Debian, aside form changing over
to an entirely different environment. ie: Slackware being
not so easy for the beginners to load.

But even Mint itself is now clearly doomed with nothing in
its new future. What we do here will change the Linux world
around on its head. It is a bold move. But most important, Its
the right move !

Debian is dying as of right now. All systemd based distros are
in fact only doomed if we fork... Who in their right mind would
run Debian now that they are officially OWNED.

Freedom comes at a price, and we see this today... But making a
Linux Distro based on ( systemd ) - there is also a price to that,
and this fork will drive that point home to them as their distro
becomes insignificant !

Not to offend any Unity users out there, but hey.. Gnome3 and
Unity are as bad as (Systemd) my opinion, and they are destine to
fail... Is anyone out there actually running unity ? I do not know
of anyone that ever said it was nice. Ubuntu was a leader at one
time. Unity was their (systemd).

Gnome was doing great stuff then came Gnome3 and that was their
Unity problem. Other desktops like e17 and such benefit from Gnome3.
Tomorrow - we will be the next Debian of today.

I am never loading Debian going forward. Its my way of telling them
they are wrong ! I also plan to donate to this project but I can't
right
at this moment. It will succeed though...

The users will make sure of that !!!

Linux users are very intelligent users. You guys know what I mean.
Hell - you are here reading this... That says it all...

I can't wait for the first release. The one thing I loved most about
Debian
was the long time between updates... It was just so stable...
Lets get a snapshot of Debian and keep it simple. We do not need to
change it all overnight. It needs to be solid and slow to change.

Something we can all depend on !

I don't need to be on the bleeding edge. Give me some stability and
I am you user ! Take pid one away from me, and I will go elsewhere.

And that is that___.