:: [Dng] Dead-Bian and the new ( devU…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Keith
A: dng
Assumpte: [Dng] Dead-Bian and the new ( devUan ) Fork. Compatibility...
One aspect of all this is how will we be compatible with other
Linux distro's going forward !

I would like to state that while we are forking away from this
new STANDARD if you like that term,,,, - Eventually Systemd
will die off.

Word will get around that the only "TRUE BLUE" Linux left on
the shelves are us, and maybe Slackware, and Gentoo.

People are not stupid... This is Linux folks... Word gets around.
People will download us and eventually loose interest in them.

Its like (Unity) and ( Gnome3 ) both founded on a good ideas, and
headed for the junk yard. Systemd joining them right as we speak !

For Gnome users we have Mate ! For Systemd we have Init. and
so on... It is not us that will fail.. It is them. Because anyone
running Linux today knows better then to ever format a machine
for Windows. - Debian just lost the biggest group of users they
could ever imagine. We just need to give those users the proper
fork in the road to follow.

I will never load Debian on any machine from here on...
When users see the fork they will follow the right path.

Trust me.... Linux users know what's up... Pid #1 is ours
to control, and that is the way its gonna stay !

Rock on - Lets do this... I am a C programmer and If I can help I
will.
Heck I still have Squeeze machines I run today... Nothing wrong with
that ! This Fork is the bravest thing to happen to Linux in a long
time.
Linux users need this fork ! Linux needs the fork. It lets Red Hat,
and
Gnome both understand who is in charge here...

     "   THE BLOODY USERS   "

They can build it but who cares...  If no one uses their distro they are
doomed !    devUan is the NEW DEBIAN  !!!!

I wait for the day to come now...