:: Re: [Dng] useful blog post
Author: Matteo Panella
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] useful blog post
On 29/11/2014 15:08, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Found via a discussion by the Debian/kfreeBSD list:
>
> http://blog.steve.org.uk/how_could_you_rationally_fork_debian_.html
>
> [Note: I thought I'd posted this to the Devuan Wiki - but it seems to
> have not shown up, or been deleted. That's not a good sign....]

AFAIK that wiki is not managed by a member of the project. Also, looking
at the revision history of the main page someone tried to vandalize it
(you can guess how), so the owner might be overreacting to edits from
anonymous users.

Great blog post, though. Also, it actually _predates_ the flamefest
sparked by the announcment (it was a direct consequence of the release
team ditching kFreeBSD AFAIU).

I'd have a remark for the guy saying in the comments that we "cannot
grasp that Debian has committed to supporting multiple init systems".

That's essentially *THE* reason for which we are here now: we were
promised project-wide commitment to support for sysvinit so that
existing system wouldn't be broken during this release cycle, now we're
getting the standard "you're not using the default init, wontfix" answer
instead.

Or worse.
--
Matteo Panella