:: [Dng] What is a fork?
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
New-Topics: [Dng] useful blog post, [Dng] Goals & Strategy [was: What is a fork]
Subject: [Dng] What is a fork?
Instead of waiting for some messages to ascertain the culture of this
list, I'm so excited to hear of a fork that I boldly jump in with a
question.

I would like to have a clarification of the difference between a
preseeded installation of Debian and a fork of Debian. I'd guess the
former simply manipulates a Debian installation, while the latter is a
different distribution that rather than preseed involves different
compatible default packages. Is the Devuan Project starting with a
built-in preseed and working toward a forked distribution by Spring
2015?

Haines Brown