:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: [debianfork] Do…
Author: Matteo Panella
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: [debianfork] Don't panic and keep forking Debian™!
On 28/11/2014 15:37, Zak Fenton wrote:
> "Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on devuan.org.
> Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you. If you
> understand the risks to your security, you may visit this infected
> site."

My hunch is that some smartass reported the website for phishing in an
attempt to shut it down. I guess that comes with the /r/linux/ package
*shrug*.

> Something I'd also like to see is an official statement to the
> systemd and/or Debian developers, of the form "we are not here to
> attack your work, we just want to retain freedom to choose different
> init systems".

Some DDs argued that retaining freedom is in itself an attack to their
work (guess what package they maintain). I don't think that such a
message would make any difference.

And Lennart Poettering himself expressed contempt at the idea of a
Debian fork without systemd, so...

Regards,
--
Matteo Panella