:: Re: [Bricolabs] Tecnoshamanism book…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Carsten Agger
À: Bricolabs
Sujet: Re: [Bricolabs] Tecnoshamanism book - open call!!
On 10/30/2014 08:25 AM, jaromil@??? wrote:
> PArdon the ranty.scared tone here, but really nowadays WKPD seems a
> Foucaultian nightmare to me.

I think that's probably the drawback of a do-ocracy as Wikipedia - the
quality of the outcome entirely dependent on who have the resources and
the passion to be the doers.

And many Wikipedia entries are aggressively patrolled by people who have
an agenda they feel strongly about. I once had a fight with one such
editor over some critical remarks on the physicist David Bohm's "quantum
revisionist" theories - the other editor was apparently a fervent
disciple, and in the end he seemed to care much more about the contents
of this random Wikipedia article than i did, at least he seemed to have
more time to invest in the discussion.

So I suppose: If we could muster an army of competent editors who were
ready to mend the error of various Wikipedia entries' ways, would that
even be the best use we could put that manpower to? I tend to doubt it -
Wikipedia is important, but I find it dificult to see wiki editing as my
life's mission.

--
http://www.modspil.dk
https://blogs.fsfe.org/agger/