:: Re: [Bricolabs] Tecnoshamanism book…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: jaromil
À: Bricolabs
Sujet: Re: [Bricolabs] Tecnoshamanism book - open call!!
On 2014-10-29 14:29, Patrice Riemens wrote:
> Apparently Rob has not read the first part of the WKPD entry about the
> _original_ set-up of the Star Chamber, and focuses on its later,
> probably
> unavoidable perversion.

BTW someone has a clue about what's gone so wrong with WKPD?

every entry I've contributed so far is tragically tainted by the
presence of people turning it
into a sanitized phenomenon or giving prominence to narratives and
protagonists that are far
from representative for the real spirit, for instance on the "rude boy"
entry about the
reggae roots music genre I was denied from adding anything about Desmond
Dekker (apparently
because there is a british monopoly established), on the Rastafarian
entry there is a prominently
religious narrative bound to Selassie and no mention whatsoever of
Walter Rodney, Horace Campbell
and the secularized and political movements in Granada (maybe because
they were Communists?)
and so on and so forth.

Many historical software entries have been also manipulated. We live
through strange times.
Enlightenment 17 the WM written by Rasterman back 15 years ago and based
on imlib2 sw rendering
and the EFL is dramatically taken over by the systemd RedHat plague of
Poettering and his gnomes,
its entry starting with "it can be used with GNOME and KDE" when it was
basically a minimalist yet
aesthetic reaction to their bloat and a fundamental alternative to
them...

PArdon the ranty.scared tone here, but really nowadays WKPD seems a
Foucaultian nightmare to me.

ciao