:: Re: [Dng] :^)
Author: Matteo Panella
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] :^)
On 22/10/2014 21:08, Jaromil wrote:
> There was a 4v4 vote close to draw a year ago and a huge critical mass
> that is obvious from the media effect of debianfork.org.

Minor nitpick: the Condorcet outcome was in fact a perfect draw.

> This makes our act necessary. We call it a fork: a sort of a split in
> the history of Debian, to keep it real and free for everyone.

That's a somewhat dangerous statement: it seems that we're the ones
causing a rift in the community, while the rift is already there and
nobody (not even the DPL) is even trying to heal it with a rational
compromise. It's the "all-or-nothing" attitude of the systemd DDs that's
causing a split in the history of Debian. We just happen to be on the
other side :-)

Other than that, I believe everything else is sound and reasonable.
--
Matteo Panella