:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Regulation panel at …
Author: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Regulation panel at inside Bitcoin
http://www.themascherade.com/contents/en-us/d5_Page_5.html

Venetian masks are a centuries-old tradition of Venice, Italy. The masks
are typically worn during the Carnival (Carnival of Venice), but have
been used on many other occasions in the past, usually as a device for
hiding the wearer's identity and social status. The mask would permit
the wearer to act more freely in cases where he or she wanted to
interact with other members of the society outside the bounds of
identity and everyday convention. It was useful for a variety of
purposes, some of them illicit or criminal, others just personal, such
as romantic encounters.

In 18th century, the Bauta had become a standardized society mask and
disguise regulated by the Venetian government.[ It was obligatory to
wear it at certain political decision-making events when all citizens
were required to act anonymously as peers. Only citizens had the right
to use the Bauta. Its role was similar to the anonymizing processes
invented to guarantee general, direct, free, equal and secret ballots in
modern democracies.