:: Re: [unSYSTEM] "U.S. Military Probi…
Author: Odinn Cyberguerrilla
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] "U.S. Military Probing Digital Currencies in Terror Fight" NBC article
On 2014-10-02 00:00, Joerg Platzer wrote:
> I believe they will take their focus off Bitcoin soon and concentrate
> on the war on grain:
>
> "Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq"
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/us-mideast-crisis-wheat-idUSKCN0HP12J20140930
>

> ++jp

Was having problem on send earlier. Trying again with shorter version
as response to this thread rather than posting new thread.

In short,
in light of recent Russian pronouncements (just as an example) this got
me thinking about a "list" ~ e.g. a resource list which could be done in
various languages that would describe to users what wallets, coins, etc.
they can use today that will help them deal with heavy regulation and /
or bans that we are seeing pushed by (NorthKoreanesque) organizations
such as NY State, China, and now Russian Federation.

My idea was that this would be something that could be a sort of list
that could be seen from the darkwallet page and / or on the wiki and
github.

This list could be simple as something like this (but provide in
Russian, Chinese, Spanish, etc - perhaps even focusing on languages in
countries where bitcoin is banned or heavily regulated ~ though here I
just provide a short example in English):

"WALLET AND COIN SYSTEMS OFFERING STEALTH OR OTHER ANONYMITY FEATURE"

WALLET       COIN          WALLET STATUS      FEATURE(S)
DOWNLOAD:
Electrum     bitcoin (BTC)      Functional  Stealth send
electrum.org
Darkwallet   bitcoin (BTC)      Testing     Stealth send/rec
darkwallet.is
Simplewallet bytecoin (BCN)     Functional  Ring signature
bytecoin.org
(Not yet)    Zerocash w/ BTC    (Not yet)     Mint and pour
zerocash-project.org
Etc
Etc
Etc.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts about this idea and how it would be
maintained if published somewhere DW.