:: Re: [unSYSTEM] BitNation: Governanc…
Author: Odinn Cyberguerrilla
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] BitNation: Governance 2.0
Fundamentally, I do not think there is such a thing as a "voluntary
government," although such a concept has been defended here and there by
some BitNation advocates.

Corporation-states do not operate on the basis of consensus, and if they
did, they could not long exist. Mathematically it would not be possible
for it to occur beyond a set so limited as to be highly problematic. As
I've pointed out elsewhere, I feel that the temptation of @MyBitNation /
BitNation (or a DAC) to enforce "nations" in any form across blockchains
will be too strong. They will be unable to do so although a DAC may be
developed that notionally represents the idea of what BitNation may
consider a "voluntary government" (which is more accurately described as
a coercive structure that may be a DAC or a partially decentralized
corporation-state which seeks private actors to adhere by contract to
its mandates, perhaps within the context of a smart property).

Finally, there will eventually arise actors who will seek to have many
around the world honor and pay tribute to the DAC of said actors'
choice. For them it will not suffice to merely seek so-called
"voluntary" participants who become bound by contracts and limitations
as a consequence of their joining such a DAC as a BitNation. Eventually
such (human) actors, whether or not their chosen DAC is successful, will
become unsatisfied with their march of progress, and will turn to
seizing resources of those around them so that they can allocate it as
they see fit. They will in time wage war on those who do not agree with
their principles.

Examining the system which is being developed through Ethereum which
will lead to ease of development of distributed autonomous
organizations, it is obvious that these will exist and they will
proliferate.

In fact, I personally feel that self-healing, recursively speciating
entities will emerge that will develop communication and knowledge
between species, serving as autonomous knowledge nodes. Such autonomous
knowledge nodes may ultimately be developed that will guide communities
of humans through difficult and trying phases. These autonomous
knowledge nodes may also occur as Emergent Autonomous Organisms, or
EAOs, in a variety of nascent systems that blend the biological and the
technological. This is alluded to as part 2(c) of a post I've authored
here:
https://github.com/ABISprotocol/ABIS/blob/master/specification_labordayweekend.md

However, within the context of BitNation (as described at
https://github.com/Bit-Nation), I strongly question the adherence
(implicit or direct) to the old linguistic notions that bind, some of
which are tied up within commonly used words such as "government,"
"nations," and the like. These terms include "governance," which I think
we must question strongly and ultimately discard as a solution for
societal ills. It is likely that Alexis de Tocqueville (the author of
Democracy in America) would not agree with me were he alive today, but
these are different times, not the early 1800s during which he wandered,
and certainly we are well and above 200 years past the time of the
initial excitement over Hegelian romantic nationalism. Certainly
nationalism was well within Hegel's "spirit of the age," but like the
slavery that de Toqueville apparently detested when he traveled the
United States, "nationalism" and "governance" are today similarly
indefensible.

People do not consent to "governance" and nationalism. Such "consent"
to being governed, if one could document that it has been granted, is at
best partial or illusory, not a permanent record (such as that intended
by the blockchain), as the individual is never truly bound to any
community that such an individual may one day realize is not worth
belonging to. People are born into and struggle with the status quo
system. The systems we build should at once give them a choice to leave
the status quo systems which they find themselves in, and encouragement
to build their own future with others.