:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Keybase stuff
Author: eden
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Keybase stuff
On 14-09-30 00:51, Odinn Cyberguerrilla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently joined keybase.io userbase and admins gave me three invites,

    I was allowed to join... but i didn't get any invitations to give
out. :(

    In the meantime, i am wondering if someone can explain why this is
innovative? It seems to just be another place to list one's contact
information "Here's my security key, and you can find me at Twitter...
Facebook... Diaspora..." etc.

    It's not a bad thing, but i'm just wondering how this improves
anonymity, security, or freedom? We can all get GnuPG for free and use
it at any time. Why is it that i'm reluctant to cryptographically sign
my messages already.? For me, it's partly due to people complaining
about the messages getting too large because of the headers, partly
because you lose graphics and even foreign languages sometimes, and
partly due to the non-portability of the keys. So, how does Keybase.io
help with these issues?

    Thanks for any enlightenment.

--
eden