:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Government documents…
Author: Jaromil
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Government documents from anonymous source about Bitcoin in Europe
dear Bezdomny,

On 30 September 2014 06:48:56 CEST, Bezdomny <home@???> wrote:
>You're departing from the assumption that using drugs is a crime. I
>don't
>believe drug consumption should be considered an illegal activity. I
>fail
>to understand why anyone who uses drugs should be persecuted like a
>criminal. In Portugal they stopped treating PROBLEMATIC DRUG USERS (we
>don't use the word "addict") as criminals and treated it as a medical
>issue. Drug (ab)use has gone down dramatically.

You are totally right here, this is a lesson that has never been learned by prohibitionists, probably for their own convenience, since instituting a police force is easier than informing people about conscious drug use, or is easier to consider humans as animals, rather than complex people.

I dont believe we are disagreeing, neither Troy is. We are making considerations on the behaviour of "Titans" and possible strategies to build un-systems at the margins of of their fighting grounds.

I find Troy's remark very smart and provoking. But I doubt any financial institution today has interest in going against the huge trafficking going on in old-world money channels. Troy I believe your strategy is too much wishful thinking. Maybe one or two people inside those institutions are honest, but the institutional rationality only dictates to do anything possible so that things stay the same as always, be them right or wrong for society.

In order to survive they need to create the enemy, to divert attention from their wrong doings.
Once Bitcoin will not provide that attention anymore they will be busy creating a new enemy.

ciao