:: Re: [Bricolabs] Bricophone?
Author: hellekin
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Bricophone?
On 08/18/2014 10:36 AM, Armin Medosch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> such a system already exists, amateur radio

*** Agreed. Yes, jnm, Ihad forgotten about the primary goals of
Bricophone, and I agree with it (I don't use phones because of that
vendor lock.) Now it reminds me of various conversations around
Netsukuku a few years ago, and the idea of using P2P mesh wifi and
fallback to RF for the bricophone. NTK advanced stages and a "developer
1.0" was released recently. I also agree with Armin that radio is a
very suitable option. Unfortunately the northen lobbies managed to
reserve lots of radio frequencies in Brazil for HDTV, where it could
have been a revolutionary use of the spectrum with Radio Mundiale.

==
hk