:: Re: [unSYSTEM] ADMIN: Other languag…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] ADMIN: Other languages

hi Eden,

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, eden wrote:

>    Hello all,

>        I'm one of the new Admins of the list.

>        I'm writing to say that, while i'm very happy to allow posts in other
>    languages besides English, apparently the system doesn't show non-ASCII
>    characters! :) I just rejected 2 messages from addresses *.ru that appear
>    to be in Russian. Unfortunately, i am only shown "?" characters, and not
>    the original characters, which i could use a translation program to figure
>    out if it was actually spam.

>        So, unless someone has a better idea, i will be rejecting messages
>    that are, essentially, illegible.

we have regular traffic in Russian and other UTF8 charsets on dyne.org
mailinglists, so I guess it is your configuration having problems or
some conversion between ISO and UTF in between.

In general I recommend letting things pass unless obviously spam. Most
people of our tribes hate moderation and will eventually react to it.

ciao