:: Re: [unSYSTEM] (no subject)
Author: Noel Maersk
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] (no subject)
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 05:58:52PM -0500, Cody R Wilson wrote:
> I need a volunteer for my current project. Thought I'd ask the system undo
> crew.
>
> Would like a dev board programmer. We have a machine that needs to
> talk to an arduino via a 9600 baud COM port. Please email me at
> crw@??? if interested. Don't email if you have reservations
> about the people having access to weapons.

If all you need to is connect a serial device to a computer with no
serial ports, it's pretty easy with an Arduino that has more than one
serial port, such as a Mega:

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/MultiSerialMega

The code provided there just routes one serial COM to another. This
allows monitoring the device over USB (where one serial port is
connected) and talking to the device over another.

I haven't played much with an Arduino myself, but will forward this to
another mailing list, see if anyone is interested.