:: [unSYSTEM] bitsquare.io funding mod…
Author: Manfred Karrer
To: unsystem
Subject: [unSYSTEM] bitsquare.io funding model
hi guys,

I wanted to ask for feedback/discussion about the funding model we are considering for bitsquare.io (P2P Fiat-BTC exchange):

Overview of the model:
- We ask the community for BTC donations for supporting the development of the P2P exchange.
- The funds go to an non-profit organisation which manages the project development.
- The NPO has a democratic, transparent and open structure; new devs are welcome.
- The NPO uses the funds for paying the developers/contributors.
- There is a continuous deployment process so the sponsors can see the progress
- There are several rounds for each reached milestone (e.g. every 1-2 month) where only the needed amount for that period will be collected. When reached the target the round will be closed
- When the software is published the sponsors will receive the trading and registration fees. - The algorithm for the selection will privilege early sponsors. If the project will be successful the sponsors might get more money from the fees then they have donated initially.
- It is important that it is communicated as donation model not as investment! We cannot guarantee that the intended model will be implemented like planned (legal, technical, conceptual issues might cause a change). Also to promote it as investment would cause legal issues (would be considered as shares of a public company)

The concept is described here in more details:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MysGJcPydv3EabshTFiFTtwQC86_4-HG7dSPp0_YhHc/

br,
Manfred

Resources: