Til: System undo crew
Emne: Re: [unSYSTEM] Former Skype COO- I love this guy
Mostly, fair criticism of me: I was thinking of Skype rather than the
author, and I was criticising them in general, rather than paying
specific attention to the author or even the content of the article.
My bad.

I know that Skype's architecture was originally P2P, but what is also
clearly true is that they retained IP, and that's what prevented it
being a truly decentralised system (otherwise, again, there would have
been nothing to sell).

Also, I didn't totally ignore the content of the article; the whole
flavour to me is, "you don't have to get into bed with the regulators
to make it work", which to me was disingenuous when their approach was
to duck and dive until it became a huge business, and then just sell
out (again, talking about the owners in general here, sorry for
smearing the author if it is not deserved).

The aggressive tone was a bit uncalled for given that I wrote this:
> Feel free to correct me :)

But OK, whatever.

Adam