:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Toronto Libbitcoin…
Author: Thomas Hartman
To: Amir Taaki
CC: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] Toronto Libbitcoin Consensus 2013.04.12
Another potential build simplification would be to split libbitcoin_wallet
into

libbitcoin_wallet_signing
(does not depend on libzmq, does depend on libbitcoin)
and

libbitcoin_wallet_watching
(depends on libzmq for communication with obelisk)
(depends also on libbitcoin_wallet_signing, but not vice versa)

This would make it easier to support using libbitcoin for extremely
lightweight signing wallets, for example for arm (raspberry pi), or maybe
even arduino. No need to get zmq installed for a build, just the basic
crypto stuff.

Eventually this would manifest as forking off an sx-signing utility, which
depends only on libbitcoin_wallet_signing, and is extremely portable.

Warning: building on lightweight computing platforms is not my area of
expertise, so ymmv, but keeping things lightweight just seems to make sense.