:: Re: [unSYSTEM] oh fuck it's really …
Author: Jaromil
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] oh fuck it's really happening... bitcoin is under attack
On Sat, 10 May 2014, caedes wrote:

> On 01/05/14 08:06, Jaromil wrote:
> >
> > man i hope the forum will have an email gateway coz me and my comps
> > are 0ld as fuck and the more the web grows on with js bullshit the
> > less i use it
> >
> > also be sure to distribute the shit over more servers i've seen many
> > places going down with time, maintanance and upgrades etc
> >

> The forum software is Discourse, seems they have some kind of mail
> gateway but not sure how it works:

ack. heard about it but not really dig into.

> about "distributing the shit" I think we can work together to have
> better infrastructure... but need some way to coordinate the servers
> effectively.

yes. its been a while now that on dyne org we use a mix of 'slack' for
simple tasks (I lazily admin the dns and the ssl and some more with it)
and ansible for the more complex stuff (used by sandman, admining the
wiki and the irc with it and some more).

these things work fairly well if kept in a central git repo (which has
to be private) and then servers pull configs from them.

however for replicable and distributed setup i'm heading towards
docker.io.

I'm looking for some time in the next future to come over Calafou and
enjoy some hacking together on infrastructure and code to look at these
things.

> kisses!

to you bro miss u