:: Re: [Bricolabs] TAPES TAPES TAPES
Página Principal
Autor: Jean-Noël Montagné
Para: Bricolabs
Assunto: Re: [Bricolabs] TAPES TAPES TAPES
>we KNOW instruments, we USE instruments, so thats it ;)

Thanks for your answer Asbesto & all friends. I have heard many times
the argument: "FB is just a tool, an instrument for communication and
it's working well for this goal".

But I observe that FB is not an instrument. An instrument is
neutral, for example, a hammer: you can build something, sculpting a
delicious roman-style Venus body in marble, pound a nail, grind
almonds or you can destroy something, even kill someone. You can do
what you want with a hammer. You can even transform it, add new
features, repair it, paint it. Because-this-tool-is-in-your-hands.

Now, try to show a breast of this Venus sculpture in FB. (Try to show
a breast from billions artworks of thousands years of paintings and
sculpture in the history of art in FB......) . Impossible. Since the
begining of FB, naked Art and bodies are censored. 1 billion and more
FB users accept censoring. They are ready to loose more freedom in
silence.

Try to install an "I don't like" button in FB. Impossible in a Brave
New World. Everything must be positive. You can't change this
obligatory happiness for business.

There are a dozen examples like this.

For me, FB is not an instrument, but a function in the capitalist
system, a formatting-installing function. mkfs.

The consequences of the generalisation of FB for replacing
"traditional" net tools and protocols, for billion people,
concentrating the web fluxus, formatting humans in a new world order,
in the context of the coming loss of Net Neutrality, are SO important
to my point of view, that it is impossible for me to hear it as a
"great instrument", but a weapon.

Well, my attitude is to boycott, but I perfectly understand the
position of people using it and having success with their projects.

Cheers,
salve,

JN

PS: for the museum in Palazzolo: this chapter about history of
computer games has been published today:
http://iasl.uni-muenchen.de/links/GCA-VII.1e.html