:: Re: [Bricolabs] TAPES TAPES TAPES
Página Principal
Autor: Nana Silvergrim
Para: brico
Assunto: Re: [Bricolabs] TAPES TAPES TAPES
Hey Patrice,

>> no screwdrivers anymore until the steel they are made with is
>> ethical! Zucchero libera tutti
>
> LOL, let me join the fray!
>
> When I read JNM's post I fwded it to a friend with the title 'de
> rekkelijken vs de preciesen' (the flexible vs the strict ones)
> which refers to a piece of Dutch religious (Calvinist, what else
> ...) history, and is about some fine point of scripture
> interpretation (did the snake actually talk? - or something to that
> effect ;-)

The Fray! The Fray! :D

And I so wholeheartedly agree with your message, including with the
dangers of eating fish! Arrrr! So I jump in the fray with this (in my
book) hilarious quote from Terry Pratchett:

An old woman (who happens to be a witch) and a priest are sitting by
the road having a conversation.

(The conversation starts on the classic subject of "how many angels
can dance on the head of a pin?")

"Sixteen!"
"You've counted sixteen?" said Oats eventually.
"No, but it is as good an answer as any you'll get. And that's what
you holy men discuss is it?"
"Not usually. There is a very interesting debate raging at the moment
on the nature of sin, for example."
"And what do they think? Against it, are they?"
"It is not as simple as that. It's not a black and white issue. There
are so many shades of gray."
"Nope."
"Pardon?"
There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you
don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as
things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
"It's a lot more complicated than that--"
"No it ain't. When people say things are a lot more complicated than
that, they means they're getting worried that they won't like the
truth. People as things, that's where it starts."
"Oh, I'm sure there are worse crimes-"
"But they Starts with thinking about people as things…"

Terry Pratchett (1948 -)

> Ippolita's Dark Side of Google gist was, in my interpretation - I
> translated the book, but it's no guarantee - 'Google is not he
> problem, but its use is, big time. Same applies for FaceBook (I am
> now translating their 'in the Facebook Aquarium).

I read both. Amazing alignment. Facebook as the new church where
people go to confess and get their dose of a sense of community.
Facebook, where likes cure cancer. Facebook, an important function and
service, now that we are deep in debt and the churches' counterweight
in giving us credit in a believable afterlive is failing ...

> I am definitely and on principle out, but then I don't need
> 'exposure'. Some people do, and some make a very smart use of the
> medium: all work (or play) nothing private, nothing that's not
> public either already or in need to become. Fine with me.
>
> The club I belong to, 'Hippies from Hell' (aka the Dutch hackers)
> we had a row (which I started, who else ...) about starting a HFH
> FB group, an idea I found out to lunch, but now 93 members. I never
> joined, and a member who agreed send me a 'Like' sign - in ascii -
> on the hfh mailing list.

Like! (can't find a button to push, oh dear!)

> Cheerio, have a nice day, and don't make each other out for 'rotten
> fish'! (Dutch loc.)

Cheers,

Silvergrim