:: Re: [unSYSTEM] oh fuck it's really …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Troy Benjegerdes
A: System undo crew
Assumptes nous: Re: [unSYSTEM] oh fuck it's really happening... bitcoin is under attack
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] oh fuck it's really happening... bitcoin is under attack
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:33:24AM -0500, John Hebert wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Joerg Platzer <joerg@???> wrote:
> >
> > of course Bitcoin _is_ anarchism as it has no leader as long as we don't
> > designate one and change the protocol in ways that allow to control it and
> > hand that over to the leader.
> >

> There is the problem. The Bitcoin Foundation's will spend $17 million USD
> to become that "benevolent leader".
>

> > These people are screaming for government regulation in order to save me
> > from identity theft through Bitcoin. They wish to protect me and 'de-risk'
> > Bitcoin.
>

> Ye gods, save us from those who have "our best interests" in mind!
>
> Math provides certainty in lieu of placing trust in people calling for
> government regulation. A correctly implemented bitcoin system doesn't need
> trust.

Math provides me with a strong mechanism to verify my trust is well-placed.

If I don't trust the guy I'm selling corn to not to shoot me in the head
after unloading the commmodity, the math is quite certain if the guy aims
properly I'm dead.

Math gives me more choices about who I can trust, instead of guys with guns
telling me who I can trust.

But trust is still the key. Do I trust the people, the math, or the guys
with guns?

I don't trust 95% of the code or proposals on bitcoin-dev because 95% of the
developers posting are drawing salaries from people I fundamentally do not
trust, because they tend to fall back on 'regulation' which eventually implies
guns when things do not profit them.

The point is, you still need trust.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer@???
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash