:: [Bricolabs] [Fwd: "Stakes are High:…
Author: Patrice Riemens
To: brico
Subject: [Bricolabs] [Fwd: "Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the Global Internet"
FYI.

Subject: HacktionLab Digest, Vol 72, Issue 10
From:    hacktionlab-request@???
Date:    Wed, April 23, 2014 14:04

Today's Topics:

   1. "Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the
      Global Internet" (Center for Global Communication Studies)

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:56:21 +0000
From: Center for Global Communication Studies <cgcs@???>

Hello,

I'm writing to request the following announcement be included in your
listserv. Please let me know if I can answer any further questions.

Best

Alexandra Esenler
Media Policy Fellow
Center for Global Communication Studies
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Pennsylvania

Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the Global Internet

The Internet Policy Observatory (http://globalnetpolicy.org/), a program at
the Center for Global Communication Studies, the Annenberg School for
Communication at the University of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce the
publication of The Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the
Global Internet, a workbook that seeks to provide some background to the
Global Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance (NETmundial) scheduled
for
April 23rd and 24th 2014 in S?o Paulo, Brazil. It is designed to help outline
the internet policy issues that are at stake and will be discussed at
NETmundial, as well as background on internet policy in Brazil. The workbook
includes essays on the history of the NETmundial meeting and the Marco Civil
process in Brazil; some background on the environment in Germany?with
particular attention to the link between the meeting and the Snowden case;
questions of legitimacy surrounding open processes for lawmaking; and
comments
on the material presented to the organizing committee by official and
unofficial commenters.

http://globalnetpolicy.org/research/stakes-are-high-essays-on-brazil-and-the-future-of-the-global-internet/