:: Re: [unSYSTEM] OpenSSL has exploit …
Author: Anthony D'Onofrio
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] OpenSSL has exploit mitigation countermeasures to make sure it's exploitable.
"Interestingly all intrinsic motivation gets destroyed once extrinsic
motivation gets applied to a formerly intrinsically motivated worker and
the quality of the work drops to the level of someone doing his job merely
to pay the rent explaining the mega stupidity you are refering to."

This is actually a pretty good argument for collectivism.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Amir Taaki <genjix@???> wrote:

> ohhhhhh thanks a lot u basterd! :D
>

> > Amir said --->
> > "when you have small overworked teams which consistently perform better
> > than large orgs or popular software, we can certainly say there's some
> > mega stupidity going on here."
> > <---
> >
> > In psychology one differentiates between intrinsic and extrinsic
> > motivation to work.
> >
> > Intrinsic motivation is basically the joy to create something like a
> > coder's delight when his idea and its implementation work out and his OS
> > software is being used by lots of people who prove him right and useful.
> > Extrinsic motivation is basically a paycheck. The former unsurprisingly
> > delivers a much more creative and productive result than the latter.
> >
> > Interestingly all intrinsic motivation gets destroyed once extrinsic
> > motivation gets applied to a formerly intrinsically motivated worker and
> > the quality of the work drops to the level of someone doing his job
> merely
> > to pay the rent explaining the mega stupidity you are refering to.
> >
> > So I guess coders who work on relly important shit shouldn't get paid ;).
> >
> > ++jp

Anthony D'Onofrio
iamtexture@???
501.681.3225
-
Chaos Collider - Dream. Design. Develop. Deploy.
http://www.chaoscollider.com
-
Peace.Love.Human.
http://www.peacelovehuman.org

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come
alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have
come alive." - Howard Thurman