:: [unSYSTEM] [part2] I don't want to …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Caleb James DeLisle
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: [unSYSTEM] [part2] I don't want to be arrogant, I don't want to be disappointed in humanity and I don't want to see people as mice in a maze.
After a week of deep thought, walks, and good conversation, I finally
tapped out the second and probably final part of twmd.

I'll include in this mail a paragraph which I could not place in the
final version.

``
Today the world is not governed by people, it's governed by <em>ideas</em> and only a few
percent of the world are even aware of them before they become established as part of our
social fabric. Among them <em>only a few hundred people</em> are actually making proposals.
This is why whenever more than three or four of us gather in one place, Intelligence Agents
come bearing flowers, chocolates and business cards. They know we can make their wildest
dreams come true, or we can be their worst nightmare, for example, when we choose to devise
systems which formalize the process of whistle-blowing. What's incredible is the fact that in
this bizarre technocratic world, the vast majority of people are simply not participating in
the debate. Inability to understand the language of the machines is not like inability to read
or write. If you can't read, someone can read to you. Without the ability to code, you're not
even able to grasp the concepts. A programmer can explain what it means to them, but that's
almost as vague as telling you how it makes them feel.
''

http://thewebmustdie.com/#part2

Thanks,
Caleb