:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Enric Duran intervie…
Author: Jaromil
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Enric Duran interview on CIC and Integral Revolution (concepts behind cooperative in Catalunya)
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014, Amir Taaki wrote:

> note that I don't agree with all either (especially about assemblies or
> giving democracy power to intervene in the market), but when some say
> capitalism (such as enric), they mean something different. I always try to
> read the intent of the words rather than the definition.

I think the closest interpretation of the notion of capitalism in latin
anti-capitalist rethoric is "accumulation of capital" something well
visible when you look at real-world dynamics like that of cities i.e:

the capitalists in this case are those who accumulated wealth and live
off it on the back of other people, for instance owning houses and
renting them out to create even more capital and buying even more
houses. this not only leads to unfairness, but also to the death of the
other positive declination of Capitalism mentioned here, since noone
will find it really convenient to invest into business enterpreneurship
when one can simply live well off on pure accumulation and the
bio-political expropriation that is renting. It is still important to
recognize the ethics of capitalism for instance in the "breaking of
codes" in Deleuze and Guattari since the alternative to capitalism
should not be a step backward in history, but forward.

so to say, the initial intention and positive relationship between
capital and freedom has been falsified on the basis of facts today, if
we observe other dynamics of accumulation to which there is no way out
if not the annullation of debt and ultimately, as Enric has done,
expropriation. All this not even mentioning wall-street related
sociopathic behaviours and government corruption.

thanks for the link BTW, I think is a bit spectacularizing and not all
players mentioned are as effective and pragmatic as Enric, but overall
is a good account. I'm just afraid that this narrative so well described
by theorists ends up too much in the hands of theorists. The strenght of
CIC and Calafou is that you are not just talking about it, you are doing
it and well. right on.

ciao