:: Re: [unSYSTEM] any help needed with…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Margus w. Meigo
Dátum:
Címzett: System undo crew
Tárgy: Re: [unSYSTEM] any help needed with setting up the forum?
Great *Mothers *Day! To our Mother Mothers - they was all th world we had
for some time of our life, our space and time and All,
Lucky of us who still have connection to mother after cord is cut

*About forum*,

I my personal likeness would install Simple Machines with
http://portamx.com/ and a bit more...

This looks nice as well,
http://www.shacknews.com/chatty

Margus

About extra,
--------------

http://blog.codinghorror.com/civilized-discourse-construction-kit/
Lucas comment £"

Just found out the source for your "let a million discussions bloom:"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Flowers_Campaign

The first part of the phrase is often remembered in the West as "let a
thousand flowers bloom". It is used to refer to an orchestrated campaign to
flush out dissidents by encouraging them to show themselves as critical of
the regime, and then subsequently imprison them.£"

"We're also serious about this eventually being a viable open-source
business, in the mold of WordPress. "

"The way it looks now, you're not engaging in open-source in the same way
as WordPress does.
The GPL is enough, *you don't need a contributor license agreement*. What
it actually means is that you are keeping an exit door if you ever want to
close the source again in the future: contributors agree to license you
their copyright for whatever future happens.

Probably lots of open-source projects use this method, but it sure is not
reassuring. Please don't compare yourself again to WordPress, though.
Nuance matters."

But this matter little to us right now...

One demo for forum here : http://discuss.tweepy.org/
More options,
http://blog.mark8t.com/2013/11/16/discourse-vs-vanilla-forums-vs-xenforo-who-makes-the-best-forum-software/
Demos