:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Bitcoin is not a sen…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Adam Gibson
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Bitcoin is not a sentient being! The mind behind Bitcoin is the brains at the endpoints of the ecosystem.
On 03/18/2014 09:51 AM, jaume wrote:
> As I see it, everything comes down to an efficiency race. Corporations,
> governments, armies, communities ... they all have different interests.
> Which is the most effective form of organization that can consistently
> deliver and maintain better technology in the long run? My bet is with
> communities.

But what exactly do you mean by 'community'? A country, or a city, after
all, are communities in a sense.

It's almost like saying the best form of organization is organization.

You could perhaps just mean a community that is voluntarily created,
i.e. not forced on an individual by the threat of violence. That's good,
but - arguably - companies and corporations are also communities in this
sense. I think the terms need clearer definitions (or perhaps they are
implicit and I'm just missing them).

>Obviously our daily actions and our daily work give shape to the
>future. No doubt that Satoshi was a genius, but the success of bitcoin
>is also a result of the daily work of the community.

How about an analogy: one guy far in the past discovered how to make
fire. (He didn't invent fire, he just discovered a mechanism to make it
- maybe Satoshi can be seen the same way). Is the success of fire the
result of the daily work of the fire community?
I think not.