:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Cody Wilson
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Robert Jakob
To: System undo crew
Oggetto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Cody Wilson
I'm not so sure I completely agree with that, Cody. I also wouldn't
completely disagree though. I'm a big Christopher Hitchens fan. So I tend
to see Dictators, especially Theocratic Dictators, and even heads of
religious organizations, including extremists, as a frightening plague in
society. And are almost always completely devoid of humanity and
compassion. American representative democracy certainly doesn't have any
kind of moral high-ground. So they're both destined to implode.

Which makes me wonder what a better system might look like. Would we be
better off with a decentralised voting system where there is only a
voluntary military force and taxes go towards health care and education? I
mean, I've been to Kuwait and Afghanistan. And at the risk of sounding
like some sort of capitalism apologist, I feel comfortable with saying that
the vast majority of people in the U.S. are better off than most other
countries in the world. Mostly because of, not in spite of, capitalistic
exploitation, but that's nothing new either. They didn't invent
profiteering and opportunism. I'm fairly sure, for better or worse,
capitalism has just about run it's course though. Smarter men than me
would have a difficult time speculating a time-frame, but it might be in
everyone's best interests to transition into something a sustainable. I
don't just mean renewable energy either. I've read Buckminster Fuller,
Jacque Fresco, seen all the Zeitgeist documentaries, Culture in Decline,
and countless other books and films. The unanswered question is how do we
even begin to establish a more adequate system? The irony is the founders
of America were trying to create a democratic utopia in complete opposition
to dictatorial Monarchies and the Catholic Tyranny. Only to give birth to
something that is arguably as bad or worse. I think those free-mason
occultists would be rolling in their graves if they knew how horribly we
squandered such a precious opportunity.

I digress, I constantly consider what the future might look like. I like
things like the Seasteading Institute and The Venus Project, but wouldn't
it be easier and in everyone's best interest to fix the system we have
instead of trying to start from scratch? Both options are daunting to say
the least, but obviously worth the effort.

I apologize about this lengthy disorganized rant, but it's worth discussing
and there so many intelligent and motivated people involved in these
discussions, we should be able to come up with some solutions or brainstorm
about steps in the right direction. Anyway, we can't count on the
capitalists or the government lead us into the future, because they only
benefit from keeping everything exactly the same. I'm interested and
anxious to know what everyone else's thoughts are.

-Robert