:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Cody Wilson
Inizio della pagina
Autore: jamileh s.t.
To: System undo crew
Oggetto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Cody Wilson
as humans evolved from we have developed very efficient computational
devices. the ability to think on a group level is not something that comes
easy to us as traditionally we would be part of a small and local
community. being accustomed to such an environment it became typical for us
to evaluate right and wrong for a small community mostly composed of
family. the definition of right and wrong being something biological,
something like "how can i preserve as many humans who are most closely
related for as long as possible". we developed secondary systems for the
prime directive "how can i improve living quality", "i feel pain when i
touch fire", "i feel sadness when i lose a loved one". we are now at a
point in history where we have veered sufficiently away from such basic
needs and the ruleset does not completely suffice, we must now think on a
group level, we are not concerned with death, we place emphasis on other
needs.

it's difficult to define what this new ruleset should be, should we
completely abandon our earlier genetic tools in favour of computational
answers? i don't think so completely, i think inherently those earlier
systems lead to good outcomes and fast decisions. for example, before we
developed the current eye, we had a more primitive eye system which saw at
a much faster rate, but with alot poorer vision, you can imagine how this
is good in certain situations and in the same way how our very rough
genetic tools allow us to get a "feel" of the situation. you can say why do
we need to stick to this arbitrary ruleset whose sole purpose is to
preserve humanity, when maybe we can have another ruleset that does the
same thing, maybe we don't need to be kind to each other but we can still
survive on medicine and live for a long time. our genetic programming does
allow for this, our genetic programming allows us the intellectual capacity
to overcome our genetic programming. i believe this is where we should use
computational tools, we are beginning to connect the points that form the
logistic map, the consequences of waste, the consequence of slavery, the
consequences of hoarding information, these are all consequences which take
effect over time, and now due to the rapid rate the world moves at, are
taking place within our lifetimes. a caveman without computer could not
predict such outcomes, like when they hunted to extinction the megafauna or
killed off the neanderthals.

so maybe "right" and "wrong" are not the correct words, but it's kind of
recursive, they have come to embody our instincts, and are thus defined by
our instincts.