:: Re: [Libbitcoin] LTC support
Author: mlmikael
To: Jorge Timón, Amir Taaki, libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] LTC support

Right Litecoin is the one where extension is of hard value presently.

I didn't check but perhaps the unique features for an altcoin could be
grouped under one single class or DEFINE per altcoin, just so if anyone
wanted to implement yet another one someday there'd already be the
infrastructure in the code, if regulated through DEFINE:s perhaps out of
a configure option --coin-type=bitcoin|litecoin and if with a class
perhaps instructed at l.b. initialization time.

Rather than just like a hardcoded global boolean toggle is_litecoin,
false = LTC, true = BTC .

On 2014-03-03 04:07, Jorge Timón wrote:

> Ehmm, Freicoin is not as popular as Litecoin
>
> and demurrage is harder
> to implement than Scrypt, but since we constantly rebase our changes
> on top of the latest bitcoin-qt version, it is easy to see the
> changes:
>
> https://github.com/freicoin/freicoin/commits [1]
>
> Whether you're interested or not, I think it's worth the try ;)
>
> As an aside, you could register libbitcoin or darkwallet nonprofit
> projects on the Freicoin Foundation's matched donations program:
>
> https://foundation.freicoin.org/#/donations [2]
>
> On 3/3/14, Amir Taaki <genjix@???> wrote:
> Yes, I'm surprisingly agreeing with you. Litecoin is quite popular now and isn't too different from Bitcoin. Is there a list of code differences between Litecoin and Bitcoin? Dear Amir and list, What challenge is it to make l.b. deliver Litecoin? Is it implemented already? This would be hugely relevant. Would be great if it's a hybrid so much that one and the same program/OS process can have BTC-l.b. and LTC-l.b. simultaneously. Thanks _______________________________________________ Libbitcoin mailing list Libbitcoin@??? https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/libbitcoin [3]

Links:
------
[1] https://github.com/freicoin/freicoin/commits
[2] https://foundation.freicoin.org/#/donations