:: Re: [unSYSTEM] BANK RUN! - P2P Fiat…
Author: Washington Sanchez
To: System undo crew, mk
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] BANK RUN! - P2P Fiat-Bitcoin Exchange
Hey Manfred,

   - First off, I want to give you sufficient kudos for taking the time and
   effort to think about this problem... we need more people like you tackling
   the big problems.
   - It appears that most of this can be executed on top of Open
   Transactions... which I believe should be your approach here, rather than
   trying to reinvent the wheel.
      - Open Transactions is fundamentally peer to peer, as in transactions
      between OT wallets is p2p as well as transactions between a wallet and
      Federated Server (which is necessary in the case of a central issuer)...
      combined with BitMessage (as you already discuss), you have a powerful
      combination of platforms to achieve your aims.
      - The big problem at the moment is discovery of participants willing
      to perform this type of transaction, which is something that the OT dev
      team are working on (called the 'Bazaar')
   - Here are a few resources RE the last point that should help:
      - OT + BitMessage for p2p exchanges:
         - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0;all
      - Lex Cryptographia (don't this miss one, it's a work of art and will
      give you ideas for reputation systems and managing counter-party
risk in a
      near-trustless manner)
         - http://bitcoinism.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/lex-cryptographia.html

- drwasho